Sunday, August 31, 2008

Clean Sweep

Today I entered the garden reluctantly and with a sense of irritation, at myself not the garden. Everything has been so neglected that I am embarrassed to even be seen out there. Realizing that there are times in life when everything falls by the wayside, I am still loathe to admdit that I let my beautiful garden fall the way I have, so pitifully trapped inside of my petty concerns and worries.


Things will go the way they are supposed to go. That includes my life and it includes the garden. However, it doesn't mean that neither needs help from time to time.


A little rain and a little sun will cover all our lives from time to time; sometimes it is a storm, a flood, a hurricane, a drought, or a beautiful day. My drought was followed by the 'storm of the century' but now it is in a clearing period.

It was a good day to clean out the garden.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Canna Opening

Canna Opening

Injuries Sustained Thus Far in the Garden

  • Abrasions
  • Back spasm
  • Bruises
  • Chased by bees
  • Cuts
  • Dog poop on bare foot (what was the dog doing there???)
  • Faceful of mulch
  • Fertilizer assault
  • Mulch wedged under figernails a la Viet Cong
  • Pulled muscle
  • Scratches on face
  • Shin bruise
  • Thorn holes in fingers (from hated roses)
  • Trashcan attack
  • Wrist issues from crappy trowel
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

tree

tree
by Kate