Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Storm Surge

Once again I've had to chase my plants across the lawn after another storm. This is so frustrating! In addition to plants, there were more roof tiles flying around the lawn, which fell with a splat on my car hood.

I'm somehow going to have to adapt to these weird climate moments. I've lived in Virginia off and on over the last 15 years but this is the strangest weather I've seen yet. It's gloom and doom for sure, global warming tossing my flowers and my roof out to the winds!

The surge hit its stride around 9:00 last evening. For my kids, that was just too much and both of them ended up in bed with me at some point or another. Yes, that bares the secret that I was in bed and ready to sleep at around 9 pm, which is where the pain comes into play. Some days I completely melt into a puddle right after the kids fall asleep. Hopefully this is not some harbinger of things to come in later life, for I myself still feel rather sprightly and youthful, regardless of the pain. So, yes, there we all were snug in my bed, all three of us - and the dog! - bearing out another endless storm. The winds were pretty bad and the tree limbs out back were cracking and falling, TIMBER, down onto some of the fragile, newly-planted areas below. At this, all three bodies with various amounts of hair, jumped into my lap and pretty much stayed there all night. Needless to say I woke up with a serious pain in the neck! Not to mention, I realized that the dog really, really needs a bath (and some mouthwash).

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Canna Opening

Canna Opening

Injuries Sustained Thus Far in the Garden

  • Abrasions
  • Back spasm
  • Bruises
  • Chased by bees
  • Cuts
  • Dog poop on bare foot (what was the dog doing there???)
  • Faceful of mulch
  • Fertilizer assault
  • Mulch wedged under figernails a la Viet Cong
  • Pulled muscle
  • Scratches on face
  • Shin bruise
  • Thorn holes in fingers (from hated roses)
  • Trashcan attack
  • Wrist issues from crappy trowel
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

tree

tree
by Kate